The credit crunch hurts. Having had the house valued in November for the divorce, the price has dropped from £195,000 to £180,000 (at best). Really paying the cost of the delays in the divorce going through (it should have been all over in March) since i had to pay a settlement on that £195,000 value. Luckily the local housing market is pretty bouyant and I am in a good location, plus where I am looking to buy has dropped in value by more than here. I should still be making a profit over the original purchase, but the difference over the settlement value is a very bitter pill to swallow (but swallow it I must and move on, literally). The housing market is going to take at least a couple of years to recover, so if I’m getting out, now is as good a time as any (you never know, there might be a lot of interest and I sell over the asking price).
Photos are being taken on Tuesday, so I have until then to get stuff tidied up, then it’s all go (HIP being ordered this afternoon for what it’s worth).